Deal / Special Offer / Discounted pricing
Active-News.com no longer have special offers because they are already closed.
No known free trial offering before.
Plan / Price Offerings
They had three billing options, according to the daily download limit:
- 1 GB cost $5.00 per month (which was automatically renewed every 31 days), the six-month subscription cost $27.50 and the annual subscription had the price of $50.00
- 2 GB cost $9.00 per month (which was automatically renewed every 31 days), the six-month subscription cost $49.50 and the annual subscription had the price of $90.00
- 5 GB cost $20.00 per month (which was automatically renewed every 31 days), the six-month subscription cost $105.00 and the annual subscription had the price of $200.00
Lets just mention that if not extended, the six months and annual subscriptions would expire if not extended for the further period. Finally, if the user had posted spam, the account would be terminated immediately without prior warning.
The membership period had no limits, meaning, the user could cancel the billing at any time, although the account would remain active until the end of the paid period. The access to the newsgroups was not possible through the web browser; the newsreader had to be used instead.
Connection Speeds / Server Locations
There is no way to test connection speed since they are already closed. The known server location is in the US.
The main characteristics of Active-News.com were:
- long retention times and supplying the thousands of binary newsgroups
- secure sign-up, the privacy was respected and there was no logging of the downloads
- they also stated to have offered high-speed access, the choice of daily download limits, fast servers and no bandwidth restrictions
Quality of Service
We have no way to test the service to tell you whether they provided quality service or not.
Email customer support was available back when they were opened.
Active-News.com Usenet Service Recommendation
Since Active-News.com is already not an option, choose from our Best Usenet Providers instead.