|Pricing||Free, but donations get you extra features|
|Support Info||e-mail, forums|
|Quick Summary Review|
|Lots of Asian and oriental material.|
|Huge membership, lots of NZB's|
|Small donations get extra features.|
A Usenet NZBsite with an unusual approach to their program. They offer subjects and content that are directly related to the Asian regions. They offer a retention search of up to 750 days, depending on the level of membership.
Basic membership is free, and the membership levels are rated on a “Reputation Point” system that operates on the amount of donation you make.
The search descriptions are quite detailed, and there are many subjects to choose from. Filters are in place, and with higher levels you “unlock” additional features.
Main Features And Top Highlights of AsianUsenet
- Basic search options include: subject, title, poster, category, new posts, today’s posts, and date.
- Search through 750 days of retention.
- File filtering options include: file formatting,and language, but other filters become available as you gain in reputation points.
- Free, but can gain access to longer retentions and more filters, etc., through donation to gain reputation points.
- Focus is on Asian community, but English is included in their language preference selections, along with many other Asian languages.
- IRC is available.
Do not misunderstand, this isn’t a Usenet provider. AsianUsenet is a search index provider, users will need Usenet access and a good newsreader to download any kind of material from them. But they are good for locating the associated NZB and ZIP files to get all the content you would like.
We did a quick search for and right away had an NZB and NFO at our disposal. A great community for the Asians, enthusiasts, or even those looking to expand their horizons a little. Community is fairly large, and the nzb index is large.