Deals / Special Offer / Discounted Pricing
NewsRazor is currently offering a 50% off for two months for their highest speed, Unlimited GB. Instead of $21.95, new users will only need to pay $10.95 for the first two months. You can still do better pricing wise by signing up for top rated UsenetServer or Astraweb as an example
At present, NewsRazor offers a 14 Day/14GB Free Trial.
Plan / Price Offerings
There are 7 packages available:
- $4.95 (10GB Bandwidth, 50 Connections)
- $9.95 (30GB Bandwidth, 50 Connections)
- $12.95 (50GB Bandwidth, 50 Connections)
- $15.95 (80GB Bandwidth, 50 Connections)
- $14.95 (Unlimited Bandwidth, 20 Connections)
- $17.95 (Unlimited Bandwidth, 30 Connections)
- $21.95 (Unlimited Bandwidth, 50 Connections)
Connection Speeds / Server Locations
NewsRazor claims that they have fast connection speeds, with a multiple 10• gigabit fiber backbone connections in the US and Europe and direct connections to many broadband ISP providers, but we have not tested the service to confirm if that is true.
In the beginning, they had small datacenter in San Antonio, Texas. As a time has passed by, they included several other clusters located across the United States and finally, added the server in Europe. The servers are available at the following addresses:
- news.newsrazor.net (available through ports 119 or alternatively 443 or 8080)
- ssl.news.newsrazor.net (secure access using encrypted SSL over ports 563 or alternatively 80 or 81)
- news-europe.newsrazor.net (European NNTP servers accessible using port 119 or alternatively 443 or 8080)
- ssl.news-europe.newsrazor.net (secure European access using encrypted SSL over ports 563 or alternatively 80 or 81)
Up to 20 concurrent connections are available, depending on the package. They do not cap, throttle or limit connections to their service, meaning, the user will get the maximum speed available from his or her Internet service provider.
No other technical notes aside from the ones we mentioned about their speed and servers.
Quality of Service
We have not tested the services of NewsRazor, but according to their website the binary retention is now over 900+ days, text retention is over 1400 days and the completion is over 99%, meaning, they provide the access to over 99% of articles posted worldwide on the usenet network
NewsRazor has an online support form, as well as email support and an FAQ page.
Better options for Usenet services are available (You can get top rated Giganews for $19/month) so we are recommending instead our Best Usenet providers.