|Pricing||$19.95 one time purchase.|
|Support Info||e-mail, FAQ Forums|
|Quick Summary Review|
|Very efficient, fast client.|
|Smart Check, no repair files if not needed.|
|Low memory support for HDD/SSD help.|
A small and highly efficient NZB downloading client exclusively for Mac OSX. Designed with speed and efficiency in mind, the client has the ability to skip PAR2 and sample files in your downloads. Adding to the efficiency is the “Smart Check” feature. This function will determine if a PAR2 check is even necessary, and if the files downloaded properly, the file won’t be checked. There is a free and a paid version, though the free version has a few of the more advanced features disabled. The paid version will cost you $19.95, but it does unlock a few features we find useful.
Main Features And Highlights Of NZBVortex
This is a highly configurable and versatile client, and there are a lot of features. Here are some of the best:
- Small, efficient, and very fast Mac exclusive client.
- Smart Check, if no PAR check is needed it will be skipped.
- Auto unpacking and repairing of files. PAR2’s will not be downloaded if they aren’t needed.
- RSS feeds supported.
- Skips sample files if desired.
- Memory/HDD/SSD management. To reduce the risk of disk trashing.
- Speed limiter.
- Growl support, for those that like it, and auto-updating by Sparkle.
- Interface is in Cocoa…very easy, very clear.
When we checked this one out we were impressed with the efficiency with which this client handled our downloads. Configuration is a little daunting, but if you follow the instruction on their website carefully, you won’t have much of a problem. Another fine feature is the memory management. Our system has a SSD and we really liked the way it kept the connection and download speeds from trashing our disk. In all this is a great client for Usenet downloading, we recommend it to all our MAC lovers.